Sunday, April 6, 2014

LSC Elections! Vote!

This, from Kyle Hillman:

Vote in your LSC election starting tomorrow! Monday-Tuesday

Chicago Election for Local School Councils starts tomorrow.
Goto: http://www.cps.edu/schools/find_a_school/pages/schoollocator.aspx
Select search by address.
Enter in YOUR address.

It will tell you which neighborhood schools you can vote at. You can vote in both your local elementary LSC election (Monday) and your high school (Tuesday).
6am - 7pm
Also if you have a student at another public school you can also vote there.
You must be 18, bring two forms of IDs - one of which must show your address (your drivers license for example). You do not need to be registered to vote - or even eligible to vote in a US election.
IDs accepted : https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/s261x260/10006510_10154044897710038_3738353806829694870_n.jpg

And this, from me:

To repeat: Elementary elections are Monday; high school elections are Tuesday.

RPNPS doesn't endorse candidates; we just encourage people to get involved. I myself will be voting in the elections at Kilmer Elementary and Sullivan High School.

Like I say, we don't endorse, but I myself will be voting for Dave Horstein and Myrel Cooke at Kilmer. If I were voting at New Field, I would definitely vote for Matthew Muir,  who has helped me figure out a couple of things about how legislation works, and who is a knowledgeable, capable supporter of public education.

                                                                                                                   ---Tim Furman

No comments:

Post a Comment