Thursday, May 2, 2013

Wall To Wall IB(ullsh*t)

I hope you all got to see this.

I spent a good chunk of my vital years writing recommendations for private school 8th graders going into the various and sundry elite programs around the city. I was very, very careful about recommending someone to IB--- it takes a certain kind of kid.

This "wall-to-wall" IB thing that Rahm has come up with is an affront to language. I'm surprised the IB people are letting it stand because in my mind, IB just lost more credibility than they're likely to recover.

And with Rahm using it to fire people unjustly, well that's just icing on the cake. IB has gotten in bed with a monster, and I'd be surprised if the private school world continues even to bother keeping IB in the mix of attractive options.

No comments:

Post a Comment